When: 13th-15th March 2023
Where: Peshawar, KPK
Language: Urdu and English
Interested Applicants: CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Re-conceptualize core notion of sustainable development
- Adopt innovative approaches to sustainable development leadership.
- Use your leadership skills to advance sustainable development.
- Tackle the complexities and synergies of sustainable development across environmental, social, and economic spheres.
- Work more with partners from a variety of sectors and beyond institutional boundaries.
At the UN Sustainable Development Summit on 25 September 2015, more than 150 world leaders adopted the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, including the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The 17 Sustainable Development Goals aim to end poverty, hunger and inequality, take action on climate change and the environment, improve access to health and education, build strong institutions and partnerships, and more. The performance of any country, in seeking to achieve the SDGs, to a large extent depends on its leadership. Achieving the SDGs will require the concerted efforts of governments, the business sector, civil society, and individual citizens.
The world needs effective leadership for sustainable development and this leadership requires an inner process, in which a leader must first be grounded in an understanding of self and a relational view of the world, in order to effectively work with others to make change. This training will be focused on the leadership aspect of sustainable development.
Number of Participants
- A maximum of 20 participants will be selected for the training. Women and staff belonging to ethnic/religious minorities are encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to participants representing organizations working in remote and under-served areas.
- Participant’s organization should be registered with its respective provincial Social Welfare Department
- Participant is in a mid/senior position for leadership role working in a local/national NGO
- Participants from women led organizations, different abled persons, minority groups will be given preference
- Commitment to apply learning in their work, including dissemination of learning within their organization
- Training fee for each participant is PKR 10,000. Fee concessions and scholarships are available for participants belonging marginalised groups and NGOs with limited funding.
- No TA/DA will be given to participants and travel expenses will be incurred by participants themselves.
Mr. Sohail Muhammad Ali is a high-performing research and capacity-building specialist and trainer with
expertise in research, training and development to maximize human resource outputs in social development and education sectors. He is a respected & proven advisor to non-government organizations and has played an active role in providing guidance on research and development functions to promote and innovative solutions to social developmental challenges. He is an influential and inspirational leader with excellent human capital development skills.
Mr. Sohail has the experience of working in South Asia, Africa and Europe. He has conducted professional development workshops and capacity building sessions. He has served as a national and international consultant for organizations including Leonard Cheshire (LC) UK, World Bank, USAID, Care International, UNICEF, Aga Khan Rural Support Program (AKRSP), Academy for Educational Development (AED), Aga Khan Foundation (AKF), Transparency International, Lead Pakistan, British Council Pakistan, Human Resource Development Network (HRDN), and others.
Community World Service Asia (CWSA) is a humanitarian and development organization, registered in Pakistan, head-quartered in Karachi and implementing initiatives throughout Asia. CWSA is member of the Core Humanitarian Standard (CHS) Alliance, a member of Sphere and their regional partner in Asia and also manages the ADRRN Quality & Accountability Hub in Asia.