April 26(Friday) 9:00am - April 29(Monday) 5:00pm PST
Learning Camp 2024 A four-day workshop, followed by mentoring session This engaging regional programme (Asia Pacific), aims to bring together
Learning Camp 2024
A four-day workshop, followed by mentoring session
This engaging regional programme (Asia Pacific), aims to bring together practitioners from across the region, who work to support people and communities, to share and learn about contextualising quality, accountability, and managing systematic change processes to improve organisational performance to ensure accountability.
CAMP I 4-day workshop 26th – 29th April, 2024 (Bangkok, Thailand) Mentoring session 2-Hour Virtual (As requested by the participants)
CAMP II 4-day workshop – September, 2024 (Venue TBC) Mentoring session 2-Hour Virtual (As requested by the participants)
Note: You may apply for any of the two workshops depending on your schedule. In the registration link, please mention which of the two workshops you are applying for.
The 4-day workshop will:
- Share updates on the latest developments on themes around Quality and Accountability
- Introduce methodologies and tools that will facilitate discussions on contextualisation, localisation, and learning for continuous improvement in future initiatives which ensures communities are at the centre
- Explore components of Quality and Accountability and study practices around Q&A being implemented in other countries through peer learning
- Collaboratively explore key components and processes that are needed to systemically manage changes that are required in an organisation to be more accountable
- Enable participants to provide continuous support to their own organisations, network members, and partners on Q&A
Post-workshop mentoring will:
- Help participants to think through how Q&A is applied systematically in their organisational and country context
- Support participants to explore how to navigate some of the specific challenges they face after they have created an action plan
- Help address other issues identified by participants in trying to implement Q&A in their organisation/s
Who is the camp for:
Humanitarian & Development workers who:
- Have a responsibility for and basic experience of mainstreaming and strengthening Quality and Accountability processes and procedures in their organisation(s)/country
- Are interested in deepening their learning and in promoting Quality and Accountability to Affected People
- Reside in an Asia Pacific country and actively work there
- Have a ‘good enough’ command of English
- Will attend all the days of workshop, and subsequently implement necessary changes in their organisation to strengthen Q&A
What are you paying:
- US $800 per participant for UN/INGOs
- US $600 per participant for National/Local Organisations
This is based on partial cost recovery. This fee covers shared accommodation, breakfast, lunch, refreshments during the training, training materials and trainers’ costs.
Click here to apply before 15th March, 2024
Click here to download the brochure
Who are we?
Community World Service Asia (CWSA) is a humanitarian and development organisation and a member of Sphere and the Core Humanitarian Standard (CHS) Alliance. We are also the Regional Focal Point for the Asian Disaster Reduction & Response Network’s (ADRRN) Quality & Accountability Hub, Sphere Country Focal Point in Pakistan and the Regional Partner in Asia for Sphere. CWSA is highly committed towards Accountability to Affected People and People Centred Aid.
Once you have submitted the application, the selection committee will review your application. If you meet the criteria, you will be contacted by email to let you know you have been selected along with the invoice. Your participation will be confirmed upon the submission of the fee.