January 28(Tuesday) 1:00am - January 31(Friday) 1:00am
Community World Service Asia
How will the training be useful? Theory of Change (TOC) is a powerful tool that helps organizations and initiatives plan how they will create change, assess their effectiveness and communicate to [...]
How will the training be useful?
Theory of Change (TOC) is a powerful tool that helps organizations and initiatives plan how they will create change, assess their effectiveness and communicate to stakeholders. Growing in popularity over the last decade, the international development community (practitioners and donors alike) shows great interest in using a TOC for organizational planning, implementation and monitoring purpose. The national level organizations also showed interest in learning and applying TOC at their organization level. TOC practically helps organizations in mapping the change process and its expected outcomes besides facilitating project implementation. For these purposes, TOC is often used in conjunction with log frame approach. It also leads to better evaluation, as it is possible to measure progress towards the achievement of longer- term goals that goes beyond the identification of program outputs. Community World Service Asia is offering a 4-day residential workshop for national level organizations to strengthen their planning, monitoring and evaluation systems based on TOC.
Theory of change essentials
- Learn how to develop a theory of change by working through the critical stages of the process, including power analysis, systems mapping, and pathways of change, evidence and assumptions.
- Understand where theories of change add value, how they can be used to learn, adapt and assess and explain impact, and how they complement other planning and accountability processes.
Following topics will be covered;
- Building capacities of participants to develop ToC according to their needs
- Revisit organizational strategy using theory of change approach
- Enabling participants to use the ToC approach to review and improve their strategic planning, M&E systems and implementation mechanisms
- Use of Theory of Change to enhance accountability and learning
- Integrate theory of change into organization’s planning, monitoring and evaluation processes
Meet the Trainer
Harris Khalique is a leading practitioner, advisor, speaker and trainer in the areas of social development and human rights. Currently, he is the Secretary-General of the Human Rights Commission of Pakistan (HRCP) and a Senior Fellow with Rivets Learning Inc. He has led, managed and advised UN agencies, governments, national and international civil society organizations and development projects in Pakistan, South Asia and Europe. Khalique is an internationally recognized poet and author with nine collections of verse and two books of nonfiction behind him and contributes to national and international press regularly. He is a recipient of the Presidential Pride of Performance Award (2018) and the UBL Literary Excellence Award (2013) besides being a University of Iowa Honorary Fellow in Writing. He has a master’s degree in development management from London School of Economics and Political Science (1999) and a graduate degree in mechanical engineering from NED University of Engineering and Technology (1990).
PKR. 20,000/- (All inclusive) Early-bird Discount – 15% (for applications received before November 20, 2019)
40% discount for women participants.
When: 28 to 31 January 2020 (9.00am – 5.00pm)
Training Language: English & Urdu
Who is it for?
- Organization Head
- Senior Managers
- Staff working in MEAL unit & program development
*All applicants must have interest and prior experience of program development and management.
How to Apply?
Complete the application by the following
Link: Apply Now
Before November 25th, 2019 for any further information please contact# 0345-5007287 firstname.lastname@example.org