What is the project?
The project aims to support families affected by recurrent floods who have been left with food shortages and minimal income opportunities as agricultural gains have been washed away.
- Vulnerable households frequently affected by the floods
- Flood-affected women engaged in kitchen gardening and other income-generation activities
- Small landowners (who own up to six acres of land) and sharecroppers who have lost their crops during the recent and previous floods
- Flood-affected landless labourers
- Socially and religiously marginalized disaster-affected communities
Achievements so far: