When: 28th– 30th March 2022
Where: Murree, Punjab
Language: Urdu and English
Interested Applicants: Click here to register
Last Date to Apply: 18th March 2022 (incomplete applications will not be entertained)
Training Objectives: Through this training, you will be able to:
- Identify any gaps between the dynamics of your organisation and targets you desire to achieve in given circumstances
- Understand your leadership and management style in order to become more self-aware about your unique strengths and how you can overcome the challenges you face by improving your leadership and management competencies
- Learn skills and tools to foster a healthy organisational culture that nurtures talent, celebrates diversity and guides performance
- Enhance your capacity to communicate purposefully and with a vision for improved team functioning
- Develop innovative tactics to envision, plan and implement organisational change
Background: With changing global trends, the dynamics of organisational and people management have also changed. Traditional methods are becoming obsolete and new trends are emerging with every passing day. Effective managerial skills now aim to improve the individuals’ performance and skills in organisational setting with a focus on the 5 Cs: Clarity, Context, Courage, Commitment and Consistency. Competent. A well-managed staff is the heart of an accountable and effective organisation; therefore, they need to be equipped with the right skills and behaviours. The need for staff development, coaching and mentoring is key to optimising maximum productivity.
This training aims to enhance participants’ leadership skills and promote their professional growth resulting in strong institutions. Through this training, you will learn best leadership and management style to engineer change and innovation in your organisation. By the end of this training, you will also further strengthen your knowledge, skills and behaviours to handle interpersonal conflict, manage deadlines, build a healthy organisational culture, lead employee trainings, solve problems, and manage feedback.
Number of Participants
- A maximum of 20 participants will be selected for the training. Women and staff belonging to ethnic/religious minorities are encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to participants representing organizations working in remote and under-served areas.
- Participant’s organization should be registered with its respective provincial Social Welfare Department
- Participant is in a mid/senior for leadership role working in a local/national NGO with primary responsibility of organization/people management
- Participants from women led organisations, different abled persons, minority groups will be given preference
- Commitment to apply learning in their work, including dissemination of learning within their organisation
- Training fee for each participant is PKR 10,000. Fee concessions and scholarships are available for participants belonging marginalised groups and NGOs with limited funding.
- No TA/DA will be given to participants and travel expenses will be incurred by participants themselves.
Facilitator/Lead Trainer: Mr. Sohail Muhammad Ali is a high-performing research and capacity-building specialist and trainer with expertise in research, training and development to maximize human resource outputs in social development and education sectors. He is a respected & proven advisor to non-government organisations, and has played an active role in providing guidance on research and development functions to promote and innovative solutions to social developmental challenges. He is an influential and inspirational leader with excellent human capital development skills.
Mr. Sohail has the experience of working in South Asia, Africa and Europe. He has conducted professional development workshops and capacity building sessions. He has served as a national and international consultant for organizations including Leonard Cheshire (LC) UK, World Bank, USAID, Care international, UNICEF, Aga Khan Rural Support Program (AKRSP), Academy for Educational Development (AED), Aga Khan Foundation (AKF), Transparency International, Lead Pakistan, British Council Pakistan, Human Resource Development Network (HRDN), and others.
Community World Service Asia (CWSA) is a humanitarian and development organization, registered in Pakistan, head- quartered in Karachi and implementing initiatives throughout Asia. CWSA is member of the Core Humanitarian Standard (CHS) Alliance, a member of Sphere and their regional partner in Asia and also manages the ADRRN Quality & Accountability Hub in Asia.