Quality and Accountability Hub launched in Pakistan under ADDRN Body
As country focal point in Pakistan and regional partner for Sphere in Asia, Community World Service Asia has assumed a leadership role in the field of Quality & Accountability (Q&A) among aid organizations in Asia since 2005. It has initiated and supported the recognition, understanding and adopting of Q&A principles in development and humanitarian assistance across Asia. We have been committed to mainstreaming Q&A standards, tools and practices throughout our programming. Our goal has been to promote and develop our internal technical capacity, as well as to support our colleagues and partners in the region to incorporate Q&A into their interventions. Community World Service Asia’s strategy continues to ensure shifts in mindsets and practices leading to a growing capacity to self-monitor the levels of Q&A compliance.
To further support humanitarian and development practitioners/organizations in the region and enhance synergy between current scope of our work and emerging needs on Q & A we have now become the focal point of ADRRN’s Q&A Hub in Asia. The Hub has been developed as part of ADRRN’s marketing strategy for 2020, to Increase the effectiveness of humanitarian response of front line national organizations in Asia through enhanced Q&A mechanisms. The main objectives of the Q&A Hub in Asia for the upcoming three years will be to:
- Ensure that ADRRN members/partners comply with the Q&A standards reflected through their organizational policies, procedures and practices
- Develop a pool of Q&A expertise amongst ADRRN members/partners to provide peer support in applying Q&A at organizational level during preparedness phase
- Mentor and coach ADRRN members/partners to promote Q&A amongst stakeholders at the national level especially the communities, local government and the academia
- Deploying Q&A expertise during humanitarian response in Asia to support ADRRN members/partners
- Developing a strong and visible Q&A Hub at Asia level to promote accountability through cross learning, peer support, research and advocacy
Read more on the ADRRN Marketing Strategy 2020 and its Hubs Toolkit here.
Download: ADRRN Hubs Toolkit
Download: ADRRN Strategy 2020 Marketing Toolkit