The following preventive and curative health care services are provided through our health project in District Shangla for the flood affected people.
- Patient examination (by doctors, medical officers and lady health visitors)
- Provision of essential drugs
- Reproductive health services with a special focus on Mother and Child health care including antenatal and postnatal care.
- Distribution of safe delivery kits
- Health Education sessions focusing on water borne diseases, STIs, HIV/AIDS, locally endemic diseases and distribution of information materials
- Referral of patients to secondary and tertiary health care facilities
- Management of alerts, threats and outbreaks, if any, in collaboration
- DEWS reporting.
- Referral of disabled patients to facilities where assistance is available
|Duration of the project||
July 1, 2013 – June 30, 2014
|Program Area||Disaster Management Program (DMP)|
|Cross Cutting Themes||
|Implementation areas (Districts)||
|Description of Beneficiaries||
Flood affected people of Shangla District
|Type of Intervention||
Provision of preventive and curative health care services with a special focus on maternal and child health.